MARCH 14, 2007
Happy 8th Anniversary EverQuest!
On March 16, 2007, EverQuest will celebrate its 8th Anniversary.
To commemorate this landmark occasion, we have introduced dozens of Fabled Luclin NPCs and have brought back all the fabled fiends of years past. There is also a new scavenger hunt! Speak with Tyla Filinav in the Nexus if you are interested in helping her collect a few things.
The Anniversary Festivities will be available from March 16, 2007 through April 16, 2007.
Enjoy the Celebration!
- Corrected focus effects on Solteris armor to the appropriate (raid level) focus effects.
- Stormweave Swatch and Nightmare Arachnid Swatch should now be able to be combined in the appropriate cultural containers as well as the various Tanaan containers. These will not be automatically learned unless you have already done these combines in a Tanaan Loom. If the combine was instead done in a portable kit you will need to experiment in order to "learn" the recipe.
- Corrected stats on the Gem of Judgment.
- Many issues with ranged weapons and their ability to hit a target have been fixed.
- Daggers and throwing axes as well as other projectile weapons now correctly SPIN as they are moving through the air!
- Added Bard Instrument Mods to Buccaneer and Praetorian Energeiac Plate Armor.
- Modified the Worn Iron Rallosian Relic charm to use elemental damage rather than bane damage.
Quests & Events:
- Expanded the range at which the Outer Portal Key Geza Zeku and Outer Portal Key Azia Zeku is received when you near the appropriate portal. You should no longer fail to get these keys if you accidentally zone. It is still advisable to not run as fast as you can to the teleporter.
- Ambushes will no longer spawn near the Thalassius nor Zhisza portals. Additionally there will no longer be an unstable portal energy at the Atiiki Portal.
- Removed the requirement to hand in the Sunstone Sun Charm at the end of the Sunstone Savages mission, as this item is needed later in the quest arc.
- Added some difficulty to the Warning Signs quest in Valdeholm.
- The NPCs that ambush players in Katta Castrum while doing some of the quests there will now be much more focused on those they intend to ambush. It will be harder to avoid the ambush, and the ambushers will mostly ignore those that they are not after.
- The Vergalid dragon raid should now function correctly. Roar of Insanity will now cast less often and has a shorter duration.
- The clockworks in the Nurtha raid now hit for slightly less damage.
- Rage of the Crystalwing is now increasing hate appropriately.
- Certain individuals have learned how to change the form of undead servants. They are willing to share that knowledge, for a price.
- The Eye of Zomm should no longer go faster than a speeding bullet in the water.
- Specters across the world of Norrath have taken on a more frightening and less blocky form.
- The Dihydrous Oxide Glaciator now requires a shiny bundle of superconductive wires. This is made simply by cleansing the wires with celestial solvent.
- Doubled the drop rate of Sunshard Dust, Sunshard Pebble and Sunshard Ore.
- The quest "Library Heist" is no longer repeatable.
- You can now bind in Katta Castrum.
- Dyn'leth has returned to his draconic form.
- Corrected problems with entering some keyed zones if you only had the key, not the associated keyring flag.
- Cleared the area around the Portal of War in Steppes. This should make zoning in there safer.
- Changed the zone in location for all Zhisza missions. You should now be safer when you enter the mission but be warned - you still need to be wary!
- Reduced the reuse time on Intensity of the Resolute to 6 hours and the duration of the effect to 1 minute.
- Looting Twisted Harp Strings will now fully backflag you for Deathknell.? You will no longer need to get the additional Inspiration.
- Higher rank disciplines should now correctly replace lower rank ones when characters learn them.
- Added a scroll bar to the reward window.
- Changed the default size of the Options Window to ensure previously-added buttons are visible.
- Bazaar Search Window size was changed to avoid the need for resizing in order to access the "Find Items" button.
- Made some corrections to the power source slot.
- Removed the Pristine Granite Stone from Iceflow in Frostcrypt and moved the item to a new rare in the same zone.