JUNE 29, 2005
- Plane of Time Instancing! - Plane of Time has been fully instanced. Every raid that enters the zone will now get its own instance of the zone.
- New Tutorial! - A new tutorial is now available, featuring new art, new models, new quests, and a new player experience that will take you from level 1 to level 10.
- New Newbie Armor Quests! - New armor quests pick up where the tutorial leaves off, taking players from 11 to 20.
- You can now invite players to your group across zones. We have enabled the ability to use the /invite command with a players name to allow you to invite someone that is not in your current zone.
- "Auto Consent Group", "Auto Consent Raid", and "Auto Consent Guild" buttons have been added to the options window; when checked, your group/raid/guild will automatically be given consent to move any new corpses you drop.
- Ogre Femur Club is now monk and beastlord usable.
- The tier1 and tier2 quested breastplates in Omens of War now have click effects that are usable from inventory.
- The Rod of Mystical Transvergance and Summoned: Modulating Rod now both have a 5 minute item recast timer. This will give both items a visible indicator for the recast time of the rods when used in the UI.
- The suffusive weaponry from the Trial of Ingenuity is now attunable.
- The Longbow of Chaos now has a type 4 augmentation slot.
- Haggard Trusik Shawl now has +15 int instead of +15 wis.
- Plaguebreeze now has +4 regen, +20 attack, +1 shielding, and +5 avoidance.
- The Dragonshade Mask now has the worn effect of Cleave V and the activatable effect of Assassin's Blood. The recast time on the activatable effect has been changed to two minutes.
- The Obsidian Battle Sword has a new graphic.
- The Blade of Vesagran is now a one-handed slasher. Please petition if you have an augmentation that will not fit in your blade now that it has changed to a slasher.
Tasks, Missions, and Quests:
- Increased the amount of time that a mission zone can be empty of players before it shuts down from 15 to 30 minutes. This should help groups who completely wipe out get back to the zone before it shuts down and resets.
- If you are on the mission to Unrest, Nisha Lightbrook will now respond to your first hail instead of requiring two hails for a response.
- Sleeping on the job: Gnoll Archers will now call for reinforcements if you have killed them before completing the previous elements in the task.
- Sleeping on the job: Holinix, Djerr, Grarrax, & Kraxz Darkpaw will not come out to fight until all previous elements in the task have been completed.
- Fixed an error that was causing some tasks that had elements in Grimling Forest to be impossible to complete.
- The Specter of Rage in Uqua will now accept the Orb of Rage again.
- It should no longer be possible to get double-loot and double-lockout on the MPG Trial of Endurance.
- The Vishimtar encounter has been retuned. Beware the cursed black dragon!
- After Vishimtar's demise, Creeping Doom will fade and skeletons will cease spawning on player death.
- Standing directly under Rikkukin when he fires off a directional attack is now a bad idea.
- Lockout timers for Anguish bosses are now 4.5 days long instead of 4.9166666 (repeating, of course).
Skills, Spells & AAs:
- Added new spells in the Spirit of the Panther line for Shaman at levels 50 and 57.
- Added new spells in the Ward of Righteousness line for Clerics at levels 50 and 57.
- Added new level 50+ fear spells for Clerics, Necromancers, Enchanters, Shadowknights, Bards, and Druids.
- Added new melee guard Disciplines for Shadowknights and Paladins, both at level 56.
- Added a new Point Blank Enthrall spell for Enchanters at level 68.
- You'll have to convince Karsor the Mad to part with the above new spells.
- Storm Guard and Frost Shield now have 60 minute durations.
- Modified the Frenzied Burnout AA so that it now has a 15 minute reuse and will better stack with other strength and attack enhancing effects.
- The mana regeneration portion of the Enchanter spell Breeze now scales from 5 at level 14 to 6 at level 20.
- Fixed a stacking problem with Shadowknight and Ranger Self buffs that were being overwritten by the druid Hand of Ro line.
- Increased the innate AC bonuses granted to level 66+ pets by focus effects.
- Increased the melee damage bonuses provided by pet focus effects on level 66-70 pets.
- Lowered the endurance cost on many Berserker Axe abilities and the battle cry line.
- Refunded and removed Spell Casting Subtlety from Shadowknights.
- Shock of Lightning was recently changed into a new spell, Icicle Shock. In answer to concerns from several players at the loss of Shock of Lightning, the spell has been returned to it's previous form.
- Guard of Blood Recourse has been changed to a instant heal for 600 HP instead of 400 for 2 ticks.
- Alternate Ability timers for newly acquired activatable AAs will properly initialize to allow for immediate use.
- Veteran rewards on accounts that have no expansions now work properly.
- Leadership assist ranges now have the same distance rules as the /assist command.
- When rogues using Shroud of Stealth /con an NPC that can see invis but not shroud of stealth, they will now get a message telling them the NPC cannot see them but can see normal invis players.
- Players will now receive 1 skill point in any new skills available when the reach a new level.
- Spell hate for spells with a fixed amount of hate now include hate-focus effects. Previously, spells with fixed amount of hate assigned to them would disregard hate focus effects.
- Fixed the issue with Wrath of the Wild that caused it to last until a rune expired.
- Added a minimum chance to gain a skill up on many of the Dragons of Norrath cultural tradeskill recipes and many of the Omens of War augmentation recipes. This will make it easier to gain an increase in skill when doing these recipes in most cases where the character has a high skill.
- Some Velium weapons can now be converted into small Velium bars by smiths. You will need to use the Velium Smithy Hammer in order to break down these weapons.
- Speckled Pine Fruit can now be foraged.
- Palm Leaf can now be foraged.
- Added a recipe to create Rainwater Dressing.
- Added a recipe to create Spiced Heartfruit Greens.
- Midnight Stones and Sandstone Pearls can now be crushed in a Mixing Bowl, not a Mortar and Pestle.
- Increased the stack size of Dragons of Norrath cultural Patterns and Molds to 200 (400 for wrist patterns and molds).
- Caerlyna will now exchange Ice Cream Churns for tokens.
- Added information to bag tokens that will tell the player some of the information about the bag they represent.
- There is a new potion vendor in the Plane of Knowledge. He sells some nice new potions as well as some of the ingredients that alchemists will need to make those potions.
- The Taskmistress Krisz encounter can now be triggered. Speak to the NPCs in Riwwi for more information.
- Several NPCs in the Abysmal Sea are now more willing to chat. They no longer require proof of dedication to their cause.
- New merchants have moved into Lavastorm.
- Some of the Ferans in Riftseekers will drop Softened Feran Hides more often now.
- Some of the Ferans in Riftseekers will drop Quality Feran Hides more often now.
- The Veteran Reward buffs are now immune to being dispelled.
- The Veteran Reward buffs will no longer freeze their timers in the guild hall.
- File caching has been enabled which should yield performance improvements, especially on lower end systems when dealing with the UI (opening/closing windows, loading a UI, ...).
Exodus and Related Issues:
- The exodus bug where a player could possibly die during the small amount of time after the spell is cast but before they actually zone, should now be fixed. We did the best we could trying to reproduce the situations that have been described to us and they have been fixed in our test cases. Please let us know if you continue to experience an issue like this.
- Spells such as Exodus, have a chance to fail which happens for each person that gets hit by the spell. This means each person has a chance to not get ported. If you fail to get ported, you now receive a message notifying you of the failure.
- Teleport bind(AA) will no longer leave the caster behind. If the spell is successfully cast, then everyone will be ported. Previously the caster had a 2% chance to not port.
Features Enabled for All:
- The raid window is now available to all players.
- The LFGroup windows are now available to all players.
- Line-art mapping is now available for all zones.
- The Potion Belt will now remain visible after zoning (if it was visible before zoning).
- The advanced display options window has been enhanced substantially. Please note that the Advanced Lighting option is for video cards that support 1.1 Pixel Shaders and above. Also note that the advanced lighting is still being tested with some of our known player hardware configurations. If you experience any issues with it on, please turn it off. Not all hardware combination have been verified to be fully functional. For those that can use it, check out how cool the lighting looks in some of the old zones like the commonlands with the NPCs and their spherical light influences. It looks great.
- The help window has been merged with the petition window.
- You will no longer get experience back from a corpse whose rez timer has expired when using the Veteran AA Expedient Recovery.
- The level restriction for entering the tutorial has been changed to allow level 10 and under.
- Fixed an old issue with particles. If you had your client running for 10 or so hours, some particle emitters would start to show huge particles.
- There are now system owned, persistent chat channels and players will auto join some of these channels. Players level 20 and under auto join the "NewPlayers" channel, over level 20 auto join "General" and a class specific channel, and there are continent based channels as well. Auto joining channels can be disabled under the options window.
- The "/pet follow" command works properly again.
- The "/pet report" command works properly again.