MARCH 5, 2005
Bazaar & Barter Zone:
We have made the Bazaar zone free for everyone.
In addition to this, we have consolidated the Barter zone and the Bazaar zone into one hybrid zone, which uses the existing Bazaar zone. You will now be able to activate both the /buyer commands and the /trader commands in the Bazaar zone. In addition to this change, we have made a few other changes for your convenience.
- Removed the zone line from the Bazaar to the Barter zone.
- Added a zone-line from the Bazaar to the Plane of Knowledge.
- The Barter zone entrance in the Plane of Knowledge will now teleport you to the Bazaar zone.
- Barter search on Firiona should not filter the NODROP items that aren't NODROP on Firiona.
- Right-clicking on a merchant-name in the UI will now create a find-path to the merchant.
- Right-click in the Bazaar / Barter search now closes your current find path, and if the timer has expired, generates a new find path to the Buyer / Trader indicated on the line which was right-clicked.
- The map has been updated with more information, specifically which areas of the zone allow you to be a /buyer and which allow you to be a /trader.
The Barter zone is still active, so those of you who are camped out in the zone will be able to log in just fine, though you will want to migrate to the Bazaar in order to set up your buyer. Please make sure that you are not weighed down with coin and items before leaving the zone, or you may find yourself unable to move.
Spell & Skill Changes:
- Moved the contact abilities on spells Spirit of the Leopard and Spirit of the Panther to avoid a stacking conflict with the berserker epic effect.
- Monk Return Kick and Double Riposte AAs can now be triggered on the same attack.
- Combat abilities will now always hit creatures that require magical weapons.
- The Berserker ability Rage of Volley has been modified so that it will hit magic required NPCs regardless of the axe thatís equipped.
- Increased the charges on the items summoned by Molten Orb and Lava Orb from 3 to 10, and increased the mana cost on the spells that summon them.
- Summoned Lava Orbs, Molten Orbs, Shadow Orbs, and Soul Orbs are now no drop on the Firiona Vie server.
- The recourse effect of the shadow knight epic 1.5 and 2.0 effects should now go to the short duration buff box.
- The monk 1.5 and 2.0 effects will now heal for approximately as many hit points as the buff adds to your maximum hit points.
- The following items have been made No-Drop:
- Potted Dark Lady
- Ancient Tooth of Archanalia
- Scrap of Dark Cloth
- Deformed Dragon Embryo
- Silvery Dragon Scale Fragments
- Golden Dragon Scale Fragments
- Metallic Dragon Shell Fragments
- Ruined Dragon Egg
- Desiccated Drake Corpse
- Shattered Draconic Symbol
- Dark Dragon Scale
- Cracked Lavaspinner Egg
- Fragments of Zebeker's Bone Chips
- Black Wing Drake Talons
- Egg of a Saved Clutch
- Frothing Drake Blood
- Mottled Goblin Meat
- Lavaspinner's Silk
- The crystals used as points for Norrath's Keepers and Dark Reign are once again tradeable on all servers.
- Hammer of Delusions effect has been changed to Euphoria.
- Shadow Orb can now be in a stack of 5.
- Chests in Skyfire for the Veeshan's Peak access quests should now be available for 30 minutes after being dropped by the defeated NPC.
- Harbinger Spire Blueprints now drop more often.
- Stone of Marking will no longer be used if a player can not bind in that area.
Quests, Missions & Events:
- Added a quest to Corrigan Hawthorne in the Bazaar to award PvP points for legacy Sullon Zek insignias.
- Decreased difficulty of the Megalodon encounter in Lake Rathe.
- NPCs will now offer you missions based on your average group level rather than the level of the player requesting the mission.
- Added a fix for the problem of a player in the process of zoning when the mission is completed not being given the reward; when finished zoning he will then receive the reward.
- We've changed the way that corpse lock works when an NPC is killed by someone in a shared task. You should no longer see corpses locked to a shared task when you are killing NPCs not related to a shared task.
- The trivial values of many tradeskill recipes have been modified, please make sure to check your recipe lists.
- The Dragons of Norrath Tradeskill Quest NPC's will now accurately recognize your ability to wear the armor they're helping you craft.
- We will now be using the mail system to send players notifications. The first use of this is with the messages you get when you reach certain levels.
- Mail composition window gives focus to the first empty field (To, Subject, Msg, in that order).
- The delete action now reselects the position of the first item in the deleted selection. Same for undelete.
- Players may now map a key to toggle the display of the mail window.
- You can now assign guild banker status even if the guild member is not online.
- The merchant music will stop when you close the guild bank window now.
- Guild bank lists are now sortable (note that the permissions field sorts by permission type from most public to least public and vice versa, not alphabetically).
- If you logged out in the guild hall, it will no longer send you to last your adventure/expedition zone in point.
- Guild masters will once again allow you to get started with your training in Research, Alchemy, Poison Making, and Tinkering.
- Hastening of the Aneuk had a typo in the name. Anuek has been changed to Aneuk.
- The boats in East Cabilis should look like boats again.
- The Bandolier and Potion Belt window shortcuts/binding will now save properly.
- The map window will properly tint the map area again on the map tab.
- We've made significant changes to the fog and rain settings in all original EverQuest zones. Visibility should be greatly improved in many of these zones and rain will generally be more infrequent. Seasonal changes from rain to snow have also been incorporated into these zones as appropriate. In addition, we've increased the visibility in all zones when it is raining or snowing.
- Added a new command, /tasktimers, which will display a list of shared tasks and how long you must wait before you can undertake that shared task again. This will be incorporated into the task window in the near future but we wanted to make the functionality available to players as soon as possible.
- Fixed the bug where players would appear with someone else's pet after zoning.
- Fixed an issue where a Link Dead player is killed, the killer will no longer be able to loot an item.
- Zek players will now be able to begin the process of selecting a new server to have all characters on their account moved to.
Those Zek players who have already executed the /movelog command will be moved to the server they chose, unless that server was Solusek Ro or Kane Bayle. Zek players who chose either of these servers will need to execute the command again, choosing a new server.
If you have changed your mind as to which server you would like to move to, the /movelog UI (after Thursdays update) will have a disregard button. Using the disregard button will cancel any pending movelog requests and allow you to execute a new movelog request.
We will begin processing the movelog requests on Friday night (March 4th) and will continue nightly for a period of 30 days. Any accounts that have executed the movelog request will need to make certain they have no corpses in the world. If you have a shared bank already in use on your destination server, you will need to empty either shared bank out as only one will be available after the movelog is complete.