MARCH 23, 2004
- DirectX 9 is now REQUIRED to play on all SOE EverQuest servers and Venril Sathir!
- Stormhammer received a new adventure zone.
- Another story for you to peruse in your storybook.
- Screenshots in .JPG? What will they think of next!
- More Grammar changes (no not Grandma, Grammar)
- We have added more detail to the gamma correction slider, which means you may need to adjust your gamma settings which are located under video options.
- All zones will temporarily have the same sky while we refine DirectX 9 functionality.
- Corpses should now be easier to target.
We have added a new command, /rewind, which should free your character if they become stuck in geometry.
- There are now independent window resolutions for full screen and windowed mode.
If you are a Legends subscriber you can visit the Lost Pyramid of Galuuk Korr. This midlevel adventure zone will allow you to explore a monument from the lost elvish city of Takish Hiz!
Now you must find what was left beneath the sands. Good luck.
- Screenshots will now save to a "Screenshot" folder in your EQ directory.
- You can now change the format your screenshots are saved in by adding the "ScreenshotType=" line in your eqclient.ini file, which is in your EverQuest directory. To save in jpg format you would change or add the line to read "ScreenshotType=jpg". Supported formats are bmp, jpg, tga, dds and png. Screenshots will continue to save in bmp format unless this line is added.
- More items have had endurance added to them.
- Some Fabled items have been tweaked a bit.
- Added recommended levels to some fabled items.
- You will now need to be of at least the 50th level to complete the beastlord epic.
- Guards in Everfrost Peaks will once again help those in trouble.
- Soulbinders should now show in the Find window.
- Fabled NPC's will now appropriately reflect their difficulty.
- Elemental Draw will no longer Crit on your pets.
- Uqua should be a bit more playable now.
- Ikkinz raids have been upgraded slightly.