AUGUST 6, 2003
Note: Some internal data restructuring created a delay in the introduction of the new platinum slot in the shared bank and the new text filters. We will bring those to the Live servers as soon as we can.
New Adventure in Lavastorm!:
In the depths of the Lavastorm Mountains there is only one ruler. But even his burning breath and power have their limits. Rumor has it that there is wealth and danger in locations even further below the boiling lands than Lord Nagafen can reach. These tales have been spreading like ripples on a calm lake, and their point of origin appears to be an upstart barbarian named Morden. Some say that he's already delved these fabled caverns and taken what there was of value. Other say that he couldn't have carried it all off by himself. But most say that he's a rogue, a teller of tales, and not to be trusted. Will you discover the truth and brave the heat, or will you sit beside your cozy campfire and listen to stories?
This new adventure zone will only be around for a while, so you may want to visit soon.
- Summoned Burning Affliction focus items added - Mages have four new spells, Summon Wooden Bracelet, Summon Stone Bracelet, Summon Iron Bracelet, and Summon Steel Bracelet. The bracelets summoned provide the Burning Affliction effect for DoT spells.
- Summoned container spells updated - The Quiver of Marr, Bandoleer of Luclin and the Pouch of Quellious now appear filled with the appropriate item (for example, the Quiver of Marr now appears with six stacks of arrows). Also, these items should all be exactly the same, so the quiver function should work properly.
- Mass Enchant spells corrected - The mass enchant spells for Adamantite, Brellium, Mithril and Steel now create the 5 enchanted blocks that they should.
- Illusion: Guktan is available - This is an illusion spell for the new Froglok models.
- Illusion: Scaled Wolf is available - This is an illusion spell for the Scaled Wolf seen in Kunark.
- Tiny Companion - The spell scroll for this spell is no longer No Drop.
- Dooming Darkness no longer overwrites Cascading Darkness.
- Moss Covered Hood - This item can now be equipped by all classes.
- Silk String - This item is now stackable.
- New Fletching recipes added - We've added several new Karana-only fletching recipes to help round out that skill.
Quests and Zones:
- Halls of Betrayal - Corrected an error with some of the quest item drops in this zone.
- Plane of Time - The events in Plane of Time B now remember the progress your raid has made through the zone when you leave and will restore you to the same state when you return.
- Kagazz will respond when you ask him about fasteners.
- Experience in city zones updated - Some time around the release of Planes of Power we reduced the experience gain in some city zones. The experience gained from quests in those zone has been increased.
- Ogre newbie quests - Added a weapon quest for young ogres.
- Iksar Necromancer Spell Vendors - The Iksar necromancer spell vendors have moved and are a lot closer to the necromancer guild. This should make it easier for new necromancers to find these vendors and will hopefully boost their sales.
- Spell book bug - Corrected a bug that was causing characters to be randomly forced to stand up when in their spell book.
- Client crash information - If your game crashes on the client side, a dialogue box will come up asking if you'd like to send us the information about the crash. This information may help us pinpoint problems and make it easier to fix them. Only information relevant to the crash, your character name, server name and the zone you were in will be sent.
Chicago Fan Faire is sneaking up on us! The Chicago event will be held September 26-28th, and the last day to guarantee your spot at the event by pre-registering is September 8th. To reserve your spot and pre-register, or to simply get more information, please go to www.everquest.com/fanfaire. See you in Chicago!