APRIL 23, 2003
Tip of the Day:
When you first log in you will be presented with a Tip of the Day window. We've added this window to provide helpful insight to new players, and perhaps a few tips for experienced players as well.
- Any character 10th level and under that attempts to attack a 'red' /con NPC will receive a warning about the danger of such an action.
- Low level characters now memorize and scribe spells much faster.
- Guards in Steamfont, Misty Thicket, Butcherblock, Nektulos, East Freeport and West Freeport should be less likely to run through the newbie zone destroying the wildlife.
- Improved the respawn rate for monsters in Steamfont, Misty Thicket, Butcherblock, Nektulos, East Freeport and West Freeport. In these zones they were respawning less frequently than in all other newbie zones.
- Added food and bag merchants to the newbie yards of Steamfont, East Freeport, West Freeport, Butcherblock and Nektulos.
- Fixed a bug that was causing damage shields to assign the credit for their damage to the wrong person.
- Fixed a bug that caused a short delay in the hit point updates from healing spells.
- Removed Beastlords from the list of classes that can use Strength of Stone. They were never intended to get it, as they have a better spell of the same type at the same level (Furious strength).
- Pets will no longer disappear when the pet owner casts a cancel magic type spell on the PC that the pet is attacking.
- Fixed a bug that would allow PC's to be attacked by PC controlled pets (in non-PvP situations).
- Talisman of Alacrity now works on the group and not just the caster. It also has the proper icons now.
- Modified the text messages on many stun spells to prevent some confusion with their effect on stun immune mobs. The message has been changed from "You have been stunned" to "You are struck by a sudden force."
- Torment of Argli no longer overwrites Torment of Scio.
- The Lich series no longer conflicts with other DoT effects. This affects Dark Pact, Allure of Death, Call of Bones, Lich, Demi Lich, Arch Lich, Deathly Temptation, Pact of Hate, Ancient: Master of Death and Seduction of Saryrn.
- The Flame Lick line of spells no longer overwrites hit point buffs such as Valor and Skin like diamond. This affects Flame Lick, Immolation, Breath of Ro and Immolation of Ro.
- Changed the name of the druid spell Fury of Ro to Immolation of Ro to avoid confusion with the focus effect Fury of Ro.
- Changed the icon for Kragg's Mending to a heart icon to match other Heal spells.
- Froglok illusion now changes the character's perspective to the proper height.
- Night's Dark Terror has regained its Scarecrow illusion.
- Added sounds to several spells that were lacking them.
- The cost of the Fuligan Soulstone of Innoruuk has been cut in half.
- Acrylia Caverns, Hollowshade Moor and Grimling Forest have been revamped. We have updated the content in these zones to more accurately represent their design intentions and to address concerns voiced by players.
- If you have had an issue with your Plane of Earth B keys, please speak with Muzzrap again and he should be able to straighten things out. Please make sure that you have the raid group that you want to get keyed set up and by your side when you do this.
- The Trial of Fire event will be much less likely to damage people not actually in the trial.
- We've made a pretty extensive pathing update to the Lake of Ill Omen and Beholder, along with several fixes to specific cases in several zones.
- Fixed a bug with the Xegony encounter in Plane of Air.
- The spires in the Dreadlands are once again sending folks to Luclin.
- Protectors of Growth now actually protect the Plane of Growth again. Beware.
The Hollow Acrylia Obelisk:
Do not destroy the Hollow Acrylia Obelisk! Due to the revamp of the Acrylia Caverns, this key will no longer serve its original purpose. We do understand the difficulty of obtaining this key, and we don't want to see that effort lost. We will be looking into a way to allow this key to retain its value, so don't destroy it.
- Items with recommended levels now display any reduced AC component value in red.
- Changed the usable race to Froglok on several of the Shin initiates armor quest intermediate pieces.
- Giant Field Rat whiskers are about twice as common as they were.
- The Ivory Hilted Cleaver can now be used in the secondary slot (for those that can dual-wield).
- The Ornate Broadsword is no longer listed as usable in the secondary slot, since it is Paladin only and can't actually be used there.
- These items can no longer be worn by Frogloks (they were never intended for use by Frogloks): Fright Forged Helm, Mundane Helm, Mundane Shield, Mundane Mask, Dread Forged Shield and Terror Forged Mask.
- Murph's Minin' Pick no longer lists Clerics as a class that can use it, since they could not.
- Bone Bladed Scimitar no longer lists Beastlords as a class that can use it.
- Cracked Bone Shinguards now have a visible graphic when worn.
- Sharkbone Plated Shoulderpads effect is now "worn" rather than "combat".
- Stone Etched Mace now displays +135 mana instead of 1135 mana.
- Extended Affliction III now works on spells with a 30 second duration (lowered from 36 seconds), so it now functions with Sermon of Penitence.
- Fireworks have casting sounds and Gnomish fireworks will no longer cause zones to crash.
- Compasses once again display the direction you are facing when you right-click and hold.
- The Hammer of Exoneration can now be used by Erudites and Dark Elves.
- Half-Elf bandits are no longer treated as merchants (so they will now leave corpses).
- A Feral Amalgam is now a plant.
- Now only one Natasha Whitewaters can exist at a time.
- Bloodmaw is a little more attentive to his surroundings.
- Pets no longer attack Tylis Newleaf when he teleports your group.
- Corrected a bug with AE rampage that caused it to not attack everyone it should.
- Fixed the drops for the Comatose spell quest.
- The Planar Projections for Bertoxxulous and Terris should no longer be able spawn in a location where they can't be reached.
- Fixed several issues with the 8th cudgel quest.
- Increased the drop rate on some quest items in Hate's Fury.
Alternate Advancement Abilities:
- Made the Servant of Ro AA pet much more potent.
- Hit points gained from items are now display with the right value, and should help to prevent a few deaths from Cannibalization.
- Bind Wounds no longer uses up a bandage for attempting to use the skill when it is not available.
- Fixed a bug that was not allowing players to link to containers unless they linked to something else first.
- /book with no arguments again closes the spellbook as it should.
Note: We have also made several spelling and grammar corrections and fixed a door here and there.
UI File Changes: