JANUARY 15, 2003
Announcing The Legacy of Ykesha:
The Legacy of Ykesha will be the first download-only extension for EverQuest. This product will not be available in stores. This extension will include some great new gameplay features, as well as new zones for characters ranging from level 35 up to level 60.
Legacy of Ykesha Features include:
- A new playable race: Frogloks.
- Enhanced Looking For Group Tool.
- New Cartography System.
- New Magic Item slot: Charms.
- Armor Dyes.
- Dozens of new creatures.
- Expanded bank capacity.
- New zones.
- New spells.
For more information, please visit www.legacyofykesha.com.
- With our last patch and the patch today, we've significantly reduced the amount of bandwidth that EverQuest needs to use, even in large raid or extremely-crowded-zone situations.
- Fixed a problem with tints not properly updating when armor is removed.
- Fixed a bug with character faces displaying incorrectly to other players when you zone in after them.
- Fixed resurrection timer that was counting down against the 3 hour limit when player was not logged in.
- Corrected a problem with health and movement updates being delayed.
- NPCs will now notice Druid and Shaman Percentage Heal spells in a manner similar to traditional healing spells.
- Removed the chance for slow spells to be reversed from the 17 NPCs that had this ability.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Curses, Diseases, and Poisons from being removed.
- Raised all recast times below 2.25 seconds up to 2.25 seconds. This is a change in the spell data as the first part of a two-part change needed to correct the "Recast time not met" problem. More information is available at the Developer's Corner at www.everquest.com.
Alternate Advancement/Special Abilities:
- The range on the Bard Ability "Boastful Bellow" has been increased slightly.
- Fixed a bug with Harm Touch that was not allowing it to increase the standard amount per level over level 60.
- Fixed a bug with effects in the Songs window. They were not getting removed on the client when the bard was dispelled.
- Introduced new Story window. The purpose of this window is to provide story updates in a readily available location. ALT-N toggles the window. You can select to have the window pop up when new story elements are added if you wish.
- Item Links are once again creatable from Items and from other Item Links. Please do not attempt to "mine" the servers for undiscovered items. Links now have a built-in mechanism to prevent those who would go on fishing expeditions by sending up many bad links in an attempt to discover new items. These invalid links are logged, as are the accounts of those who create them.
- Added an optional confirmation box before spending AA points. To turn on this confirmation box, please check the Options window.
- Sage Quests in Plane of Knowledge have been fixed.
- The event to fight Bertoxxulous in the Crypt of Decay will reset 4 to 6 hours after the event is failed. It will respawn normally if the event is won.
New/Changed Interface Files:
- EQUI_StoryWnd.xml (actually added with the Jan. 9th patch)