OCTOBER 17, 2002
Another Patch to Patch the Patch:
- Some NPCs were unable to cast Area Effect spells and other innate abilities. This would have caused many of the recently retuned NPCs to be considerably easier than intended.
- Updated the range on the Magician spell Rod of Mystical Transvergance.
- Rods of Transvergance and Modulation Rods can no longer be used by those who do not have enough maximum hit points to survive the mana conversion. Please note: That is MAXIMUM hit points! It is still possible for appropriate level characters to rod themselves to death.
- Barbarian Beastlords will once again return to summoning their own dogs. Not someone else's. If you were summoning a dog that didn't appear familiar, please do not worry. Your own dog has returned. He missed you. Please feed him.
- Altered the stacking for the Shaman spell Voice of the Berserker to match the other spells in its line.
- Aura of White Petals has been updated to have its strength as it was prior to its stacking changes.
- In the original patch yesterday morning, /SHIELD was added as an innate ability that all Warriors now gain at level 35. Warriors may now choose to take a portion of melee damage that is intended for another. Warriors, please type /SHIELD for a full description of this ability. You may find that it assists you greatly in your groups.
Correspondingly, NPCs and Pets over level 30 who are Warriors were granted this ability as well. Certain NPCs and Pets may choose to protect beings that they have an affinity for, if they believe that it will benefit the shielded being. For now, however, there is not yet a way to manually cause or prevent this behavior in pets.
/SHIELD Description in the Game:
This ability allows you to act as a living shield, absorbing 50% of the melee damage intended for another by taking 75% onto yourself. This ability lasts twelve seconds. Damage that you take is not mitigated by other Abilities or Disciplines. Using a shield in your off hand will lower the damage you take. Damage is lowered according to the AC value on the shield.