AUGUST 14, 2002
- Fixed a bug that allowed items to be placed in the wrong equipment slots.
- Fixed a problem that some folks had with polygons and clipping using the Matrox Parhelia card.
- Changed Luclin port spells to be usable from anywhere.
- Added new Druid and Wizard transportation spells for locations in Luclin.
- Removed the cap for items that granted bonus mana.
- Bricks of Black Acrylia are now stackable.
- Plains Pebbles are now stackable.
- Casserole Dish Sketches are now stackable.
- Yttrium Sleeves and Leggings now have a plate armor appearance. They are also no drop.
New User Interface:
- New Interface Window: The Compass! Press Alt-D to activate it. The higher your Sense Heading skill is, the more responsive and accurate the compass is.
- Fixed the fatigue percentage Label to show 100% when you are not fatigued at all.
- Clicking to add new items to a stack in your inventory will now stack those items into the inventory rather than onto the cursor.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some people to lose items when looting too quickly.
- Tracking window no longer shifts to the top every time an NPC dies.
- Training window no longer only shows the first digit of the amount needed to pay for training.
- Fixed the bug that was causing left clicking during mouselook to target.
- The 'hits mode' menu and filtering for it is done, including the options for normal, abbreviated and number/miss only for the six main melee filters.
- UI Skin Creators: We added the following EQType labels:.
- 71 = Current AA pts available to spend
- 72 = Current exp % being assigned to AA
- 73 = Last Name of the player
- Alternate Skin Users: You may need to return to the default interface until the skin that you are using has been updated to work with the latest client. The addition of the new Compass window as well as some other changes may cause problems with skins for older patches of EverQuest. If you experience odd interface behavior or crashes, please try /LOADSKIN DEFAULT to return to the default skin.
- The Bazaar Search Window is resizable (added in an earlier patch).
- PCs can't beg or pickpocket from NPC's and PC's in the bazaar (added in an earlier patch).
- The Trader drop down box is now sorted alphabetically.
- Priests and intelligence casters now have the Combat Stability and Natural Durability Alternate Advancement abilities in their Archetype.
- Reduced the faction hit for the final turn in on the Wizard Epic quest.
- Implemented key rings. Certain keys will be placed on your key ring when you use them (like clicking on the appropriate doors or locks). The keyring is a part of the character, not a space in inventory. To find out what keys you have just type /key and the game will give you a list.
- Moved the safe point in Marus Seru to a somewhat safer spot.
An uncharacteristic silence descended across the Imperial District of Neriak, city of the Prince of Hate's children. Not so much an absence of sound, more the oppression of pure silence; an almost tangible potential crackling in the air itself, as a quiet before a tumultuous storm.
Nobles and commoners alike stood motionless in the streets, a look of confused expectation upon their upturned faces. The ghouls guarding the entrance of the Dark Academy chittered briefly to one another before melting into the shadows.
All eyes looked upon the Dark Tower of Sorcery, it's smooth stone walls seeming to almost pulse with a power from within. Darkened windows and oriels looked out upon the silent city of the Tier'dal, imparting an impression of amused malice.
Silence... interminable, suffocating silence... instantly broken by a deafening, mind-rending thundercrack, reverberating from the cavernous walls of the city, shaking the very foundation of every building with immense force. Blinding luminance, lancing forth from every aperture in the tower, burning the eyes of those foolish enough to look on, whilst the thundercrack pained each listener's ears.
Then, as soon as the cataclysmic burst had come, it vanished. The ringing in the ears of every dark elf within the streets below slowly subsided, to be replaced by a lone, maniacal stream of laughter echoing throughout the city from the Dark Tower's summit...
Head over to EverQuestLive.com for the rest of the story.