JUNE 12, 2002
NPC Spell Caster Changes:
- NPCs are now bound by spell casting distance rules, meaning that an NPC's spell will no longer connect from halfway across the zone.
- NPCs now have a chance to be interrupted by normal combat when casting newer spells.
- NPCs that are much lower level than their target have had their potential casting damage reduced using a similar mechanic to the one that player characters' level differences use.
- NPC Wizards no longer have an inherent bonus to their fire and cold based spells.
- Most NPCs that had previously had their spellcasting level inflated to make up for poor spell selection have been brought back into line with their actual level.
- NPCs no longer automatically get free access to rarely dropped spells, such as Garrison's Superior Sundering and Funeral Pyre of Kelador.
- True North now works while on horseback.
- "Harmonize" songs should now last 12 minutes.
- PC Enchanters will always resist their own single-target mesmerization spells.
- Player characters will no longer use mana on targeted spell casts that do not connect due to Line of Sight.
- The Bind/Cast Sight line of spells now works as it used to. You do not need to have line of sight to your target to use this spell.
- The sight effects granted by illusions should now remain when someone with permanent illusion zones.
- Stanos' Pouch has had its charges increased to 20.
- Blessed Knight's Mask is now tradable.
- Mask of the Grimling Hunter is now wearable.
- Faun Flute is now usable by Vah Shir.
- Shrouded Boots are now magical.
- Pickbringers Chainmail is now usable by Gnomes.
- Acrylia Reinforced Armor is now usable by short races.
- Crystal Chitin Leggings can now be used by rogues.
- Sacred Grimling Fishing Spear can now be used by all rogue races and can no longer be used by bards.
- Dark Animist Gloves can now be used by Vah Shir.
- Kylong Chestplate can now be used by Rangers, Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes.
- All Kylong armor is now usable by Vah Shir, Barbarians, Trolls and Ogres.
- Marr's Sustenance should provide the proper effect now.
- Shadowhaven Faction Amulet should be more useful now.
- Wind Spirits armor can now be worn by Half Elf bards.
- Familiars and Warders will once again disappear when their buff is clicked off.
- Restored the range limit on /pet attack.
- '/pet notaunt' and '/pet no taunt' turn taunt off.
- '/pet taunt off' turns it off as well.
- '/pet taunt on' turns taunt on instead of toggling it.
- NOTE: '/pet taunt' still toggles taunt as it did before.
- '/pet health report' reports a pet's health.
- '/pet health' also reports a pet's health.
- '/pet stand' causes the pet to stand up.
- '/pet sit' causes the pet to sit down.
- Loremaster Borannin should be responding properly again.
- Improved many of the smithed Acrylia items.
- Large Blocks, Blocks, and Small Blocks of Magic Clay are now stackable.
- Brick of Deathsteel Ore is now stackable.
- Several blacksmithed cultural armor set pieces have received a slight improvement to their armor class.
- Tarnished and Fine Steel Weapons may now be recycled into ore by placing them into a forge with a water flask.
- Resurrection timers have been fixed, they count down as normal.
- NPCs that began regenerating too fast after the last patch have been fixed.