APRIL 17, 2001
- Food items now have a 'duration'. This means that some food items will not sustain a character as long as others, and some items will sustain your character longer than they did before.
- We THINK we've fixed the problem with the Dusty Werebat. This fellow has been steadfastly refusing to appear where and when we ask him to. We've worked out a deal with his agent, and we think he'll be back to work with this patch.
- Corrected an anomaly with hit point bars that occurred when a character was healed or damaged by spells. This could be seen, for example, when a character was healed and the hit point bar would go up and then quickly go back down a bit right afterwards. There was no error in the assignment of healing or damage previously, just in the way it was being displayed.
- Fixed the visual bracer bug where other people would see a different bracer graphic than you would. Now everyone (including the wearer) will always see the same bracer texture. If you have two bracers that have a different look (one is leather and one is steel, for example), make sure that the one you want to show up graphically is on your right wrist inventory slot, because this is the one that the game will choose to show for you (unless you take off the left one and put it back on, which will show the left one, but that is only temporary, and it will go back to showing the right one after you zone or reenter the game).
- Fixed zoning problem in Nurga to Droga that caused characters to be facing the wrong way when they zoned, often causing confusion that lead to accidentally zoning back the way they had come. You should be facing the right way when you make that zone transition now.
Zone and Quest Changes:
- The marauding Tar Goos will no longer be assisted by the Geonids. This should make at least one quest more available.
- Grobb should now have a couple of ovens. Hopefully this will allow Troll bakers to keep their fellows full of carbs and ready to fight.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when selling stacks of items. Previously, if you had 4 bat wings and sold them one by one to the merchant, the merchant would have 4 bat wings for you to buy, but if you sold all four at once to the merchant he would only have one for you to buy. Now he will have 4 in either case.
- We have increased the spawn rate of Venril Sathir and his skeletal remains. Please note that only Rangers and Druids will be able to trigger the spawn for the skeletal remains, and those remains will only be dropping items for those epic quests. Hopefully these changes will dramatically reduce the competition and resentment over this spawn.
- We have reduced resistances to some spell types on some NPCs in Sky Shrine and the Tower of Frozen Shadow. This is the beginning of our overview of the resistances of NPCs in Velious.
Improved and New Features:
- When you /consent someone it will give them the ability to drag all of your corpses.
- You can now buy stacks of combinable items (such as rations, water, etc...) from merchants. It works the same way as sell in that you can hold down shift to buy a full stack and control to buy just one item.
- Added the ability to change the color of all windows at one time with /wincolor (all windows that can be changed, that is). You can now use /wincolor ALL 0 0 100 2, for example, instead of having to set each window separately.
- Right-clicking items while looting will 'auto-equip' them. This will work just as if you had picked the items up and dropped them onto the 'auto-equip' area of your character profile. So if there is already a piece of equipment on your character in the spot where the looted item would normally go, it will drop into your inventory, if you have room for it.
- The tab key will no longer toggle between you and your last target when the chat bar is up. When the chat bar is open the tab key will take you through the list of your most recent /tell names or /reply names. When the chat bar is closed the tab key will switch you between yourself and your last target.
- /assist has an added parameter. /assist on and /assist off will determine whether or not your character auto-attacks when you use /assist. So if you type /assist off, from that time forward using /assist will NOT engage your character's auto-attack. This change will be persistent, so it will remain as you left it when you log out. /assist also now has a range of 200 feet.
- The destroy confirmation requestor now shows the name of the item you are trying to destroy, or it just says money if you are destroying coins. This should greatly reduce the chance of accidentally deleting the wrong item. PLEASE read the text in the destroy confirmation box to be certain that you are destroying the right item before choosing to destroy it.
- Hailing Player Character will now say 'Hail Playername', rather than just 'hail'.
- Added /charinfo command. Currently this command only reports the zone where the current character is bound. We may add further information as things progress.
- You will now see how much damage your character has taken when he is hit by a spell that causes instant damage (DOT damage is not reported).
- We've made a change to the Red Scabbard that should relieve most of the problems warriors were having with their epic weapon occasionally disappearing during conversion between the two-handed weapon and the two one-handed weapons. What will happen now is rather simple. The very next time you use the container to combine the weapons (or break them apart), the old scabbard will disappear and a new one will replace it.
THE NEW SCABBARD AND THE SWORDS WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CURSOR, rather than in your inventory. So once you have combined them, make sure to place them in your inventory. And don't panic, the items didn't disappear. But also MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU HAVE ROOM IN YOUR INVENTORY FOR ALL THREE ITEMS (the two swords and the scabbard, which is a container and needs to be able to fit into your main inventory). If you end up with a No-Drop container on your cursor with no place to put it in your inventory, you will have a problem...
Also, right now the new scabbard is a little bugged. Right now you won't be able to open the new scabbard until you camp out once after it is created. We're working on fixing that bug. We decided to make this change even with this small bug to help relieve everyone of the problems with the old scabbard.
This new scabbard will have a special ability. It will be able to recreate the epic weapons if you have lost them. Simply place a Sword of Runes (summoned by a Magician) into the scabbard and hit the combine button. The scabbard will convert the temporary power of the Sword of Runes into the permanent epic sword.
Customer Service WILL NOT be replacing the old scabbards with the new ones. That will be done by the game itself once you have completed the quest and combined the swords for the first time.
- Changed the size of the Weighted Axe from Tiny to Large (after all, it's a big two-handed axe...). If you have one in a bag now, be aware that it probably won't fit back into that bag again once you take it out.
- No Rent Items will no longer be immediately deleted from your character inventory upon disconnection with the server. If you are disconnected from the servers, or even if you log out, your No Rent items (such as summoned food and water) will remain on your character as long as you log back to that character within 30 minutes. After thirty minutes those No Rent items will be deleted. There may be some extreme cases beyond our control (such as hardware failures) where No Rent items will not be on your character even if you log back in within the 30 minute timeframe. No reimbursement will be given for No Rent items lost in this manner.
- Grand Master Wrist Wraps have been fixed and should now create the "Pouch of Quellious" as intended. If you have one of these items and it still does not work, please contact a GM using /petition and ask them to switch yours for a new one.
- Snow Storm Mask should now function properly.
- The Ring of the Frozen Flame should now be working properly.
- The slow effect on the Willsapper proc has been reduced.
- The weight of Skewers has been increase to a weight of 3.
- Velious Monk armor appearances have been changed. If you're wearing these items, you probably already noticed this, but we thought we'd announce it anyway. New textures will be showing on the Plane of Growth dropped armors and on the questable armors. Because the Velious textures can be a strain on some systems, the textures for these new armors will not be loaded by default by the game. If you want to see the new textures you will have to edit your EQClient.ini and change the line LoadArmor23=FALSE (the default) to LoadArmor23=TRUE.
Trade Skill Changes:
- Bards that worship Sol Ro will now be able to wear the Imbued jewelry made for their god. For those that not only sing around the campfire, but sing about the campfire!
- 'World' Trade Containers (those that are stationary) have been fixed. Previously when a character tried to combine items in a world container that did not match a recipe, the items would seem to disappear. But if the character closed and reopened the container, the items were still in it. Those items should no longer seem to disappear.
- The speed of Selo's Song of Travel, the effect of the Singing Steel Chestplate has been increased a little.
- Removed Gem component from the following spells. They will now only require the metal components. These are the Enchant spells for making cultural armor.
Changed the spell component for the following Magician spells from Lapis Lazuli to Malachite. They now use the same reagent as every other Magician pet spell.
Minor Summoning: Earth
Minor Summoning: Water
Minor Summoning: Fire
Minor Summoning: Air
Added Casting Text to the Following spells (the messages in brackets will now appear upon a successful use of the spell):
Panic Animal (soandso flees in a state of total panic!)
Terrorize Animal (soandso runs away in terror!)
Repulse Animal (soandso is utterly repulsed!)
Acumen (soandso's eyes tingle)
Cannibalize IV now exists. This spell is now available in Velious.
Cannibalize II and III have had their effects improved. They now return more mana to the caster than they did before.
Class Specific Changes:
- Monk weight allowance has been increased. Every 15 levels monks will get an extra 1 stone weight allowance. The post 50 weight allowance has also been increased by 2 stone.
Level 15, Limit 15
Level 30, Limit 16
Level 45, Limit 17
Level 51, Limit 18
Level 55, Limit 20
Level 60, Limit 24
Disarmed traps will remain disarmed for a somewhat longer time than before to allow larger groups to get past the traps before they go off.