APRIL 4, 2001
New and Changed Features:
- Guild Message of the Day. Guild Officers and Leaders will be able to type /guildmotd to set up a Guild Message of the Day (GMotD). From then on any time a member of that guild logs in they will see the message with the name of the message sender added at the front, so you will know who sent the message. Any guild member will also be able to read the GMotD by typing just /guildmotd and the message will be displayed again. The GMotD will be erased if the server comes down, however. You will have to reset the GMotD when the server comes back up.
- /assist changed and improved. It should be much more reliable now. It also will target whatever the assisted person has targeted. The assisted person does not need to have auto-attack on for /assist to work.
- Fixed a problem with /corpse that kept it from working on corpses that were too far above or below you.
- Foraging changed so that if you are getting the hungry and thirsty messages, your next successful forage will always be drink or food. We have also decreased the chance of foraging fishing grubs a bit and increased the chance that you will forage water.
- Acumen now overwrites See Invisible.
- Translocate now has the proper spell gem.
- Fixed many crash problems for Windows 2000 users. This fix will most likely also aid some folks that are not using Windows 2000 that are having problems.
- Velious racial plate helm quests have been added that will allow you to 'trade in' your existing helms for ones with textures. We have decided to allow the players (or their characters) to chose whether they wish to have the new helmet textures or to continue to use helmets that show no graphics.
- Five and ten charge versions of Potions of the Bone Field have been added.
- Kilva's Skin of Flame potion has been changed. It no longer has the same effect as the Kilva's Blistering Flesh potion.
- Removed the tinting from Dark Forge and Resonant armors. Tinting was never really intended to be on those pieces and, frankly, they look better without it.
- Reduced the 'bottleneck' for getting Howling Stone keys by increasing the availability of one of the quest items.
- Erudite guards will now be much less friendly to Kobolds.
- Vendors are once again selling the Coldain Tanner's Kit.
'Combine' container changes:
We've made a change to 'combine' containers. In order to prevent people from accidentally destroying items, all containers with a 'combine' button will not combine any items that do not form a complete recipe. This will be a huge boon to craftspeople all across Norrath. But this removes the only drawback to using trade containers as backpacks. Their reduced weight and often greater carrying capacity made them more desirable as bags, with the compensating risk that you might just lose something if you made a mistake.
We will be increasing the weight of portable 'combine' containers somewhat. Where some of these containers weighed under 1 pound, they will now weigh as much as 4 pounds for the largest sewing kit.
Along with this we are making a change to tailor made backpacks. In case you didn't know, most tailor made packs have a built in weight reduction of 5%. We are raising that to 10%. We will also be displaying the weight reduction of all containers with the information shown on a right click.