NOVEMBER 21, 2000
Today's patch addresses a few problems noted by customers since last week's big patch. The following changes were made:
- Fixed some problems with sound volume being set above the maximum or below the minimum.
- Fixed a problem that caused sound volume to be reset regardless of the slider setting upon zoning or entering game.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some sounds to be unduly amplified whenever the volume slider was moved.
- Fixed a bug causing pink fringes to show on whiskers in association with mipmapping.
- Fixed a bug with /usercolor causing settings to be saved in the wrong slot.
- Fixed weapon scaling problems with off-hand weapons and those carried by dwarves.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to display an amount of experience in slight disagreement with the server.
- Fixed the Paladin Epic Quest reward, which was procing a spell that would do around one million points of damage if left to its own devices.
- Fixed a faction problem that made some quests designed to be doable by anyone, regardless of race or class, undoable.
- In other news, the Tarew/Povar split server, Xev, will be up following the patch today. Xev is named for Xev Bristlebane, the god of fortune. We would have named the new server under its full name if not for an attempt to avoid confusion between the existing "Bristlebane" server (named for Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane) and Xev.