DECEMBER 1, 1999
- The Feign Death changes which were mentioned on November 16th are now live.
- Tashan (Enchanter) and Malise (Magician/Shaman) spells now stack.
- The Pet bug (where if you have a pet, certain monsters can attack its owner anywhere in the zone) has been fixed.
- Alenia`s Disenchanting Melody (Bard) should now work.
- Screaming Terror (Necromancer) has changed. It is no longer a "Run Away" Fear spell - instead the targeted creature will cower in terror until it takes damage (similar to the Enchanter's Mesmerize spell). The Environment limit (Dungeons only) has been removed.
- Pact of Shadow (Necromancer) now has a 12 second recast time.
- Summon Waterstone (Magician) has been added to the game.
- So it will be interesting to see how this is received. Giving Necromancers a Mesmerize type spell is quite a powerful buff depending upon the duration of the spell, it's recast time and it's mana cost. However they have nerfed Pact of Shadow pretty hard, Necromancers can't be the massive group healers they once were any more.
- Waterstone's have a number of charges of Enduring Breath and should make Magician's very popular in Kedge Keep. It is available off Library Merchants.
It is good to see they finally fixed the pet root bug. I think from all reports it was fixed last patch, but they stuffed the news up and only got around to telling people now. I certainly haven't had any reports on it for a couple of weeks.
Tashan and Malise spells have also been stacking for a number of weeks, so this is nothing ultra new.
All in all the patch has been fairly minor with Monks and Necros taking the only two serious Nerfs by all accounts.