SEPTEMBER 13, 1999
- Players levitating should be easier for other PCs to see.
- When charmed/feared and killed players should not be returned to the character selection screen.
- Lore items in containers that are dropped should not be destroyed.
- Charged items, such as the Staff of the Observers, should correctly report the number of charges remaining after zoning.
- Corpses should remain lootable even if a player goes linkdead while looting.
- A player under the effect of charm or fear can no longer open their spellbook or sit in order to escape the effects of these spells.
- A player using online help should no longer be locked into the help screen if another party initiates a trade.
- Non-melee items equipped in weapon slots should no longer mutate if the pc is charmed.
- Extremely large NPCs, ie Vox, should not suicide when stuck.
- Here is a list of new emotes that have been added to the game: agree, amaze, apologize, applaud, plead, bite, bleed, blink, blush, boggle, bonk, bored, brb, burp, bye, cackle, calm, clap, comfort, congratulate, cough, cringe, curious, dance, drool , duck, eye, gasp, giggle, glare, grin , groan, grovel, happy, hungry, introduce, jk (just kidding) , kneel, lost, massage, moan, mourn , peer, point, ponder, puzzle, raise, ready, roar, salute, shiver, shrug, sigh, smirk, snarl, snicker, stare, tap, tease, thank, thirsty, veto, welcome, whine, whistle, yawn.
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage spells cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same spell would do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type spell there is a 20% chance that they will break free when a direct damage spell is cast upon them.
- Levitate: All players may now cancel this effect.
- Paralyzing Earth now Wizard and Necromancer usable.
- The Mana cost on some Magician damage shields has been slightly reduced.
- Alter Plane: Hate and Alter Plane: Sky have been changed into higher level spells.
- Succor: Ro (Druid) is now a level 39 spell (previously a typo as a level 49 spell).
- Curse of the Simple Mind (Enchanter) now lowers both Int AND Wis.
- Selo`s Consonant Chain (Bard) should now work better.
- Shadow Vortex (Necro) is more effective.
- Screaming Terror is now an all or nothing save. This should stop the 'train' problems that it was causing.
- Gravity Flux will now research correctly for Wizards.
- Lich and Bond of Death are now researchable for Necromancers check your tomes.
- The different types of Words of Collection and Words of Acquisition are now more easily identifiable.
- Dead Man Walking (Necromancer) has been renamed Dead Man Floating.
- Ignite Bones (Necromancer) has had the movement component removed. This means that it will no longer break root and snare spells, and that it will now stack with the darkness line.
- Syvelian`s Anti-Magic Aria (Bard) has been fixed.
- A bug in some of the AoE code has been fixed. AoE spells will now effect more monsters.
- Some Magician Summoned items are now lore items. Items that have turned lore have had other small benefits added to them.
- Dance of the Fireflies (Druid) has been changed from Divination to Conjuration.
- Rangers have gained the spell Dance of the Fireflies (level 15).
- High Level Enchanter Illusion spells have had the remainder of their effects implemented.
- Magi research components have been added to more monsters throughout the world.
- There is a new pet command: /pet taunt and /pet notaunt. Pets default to /pet taunt.
- The Rods for the Ice Comet quests will now pop much more often.
- Envenomed Breath (Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
- Scourge (Necromancer and Shaman) has had its damage raised slightly.
- Enchantment of Light and Enchantment of Brilliance (Enchanter) have been replaced by new enchantment spells. These spells have been added to a hidden vendor somewhere in the game.
- New quests for Necromancers to research their pets have been added.
- High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage.
- Pets will now navigate some outdoor and dungeon areas better.
- If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
- If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
- If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken.
- DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch.