JUNE 7, 1999
The EverQuest servers will be coming down tonight at Midnight PDT for a client and server-side update. Listed below are the newly implemented features and bug fixes which will be updated.
- Scrolls are no longer lore items - this means that you can have more than one.
- Research components were made more accessible on higher level mobs.
- Several items will now appear as "Pending Lore" and will become "Lore" in a subsequent update. The servers will only allow ONE 'Lore' item in a character's inventory (that includes the bank) - please make note of any items you own that are 'Pending Lore' - it is YOUR responsibility to have those items sold or traded by the time (approximately one week) we change them to 'Lore.' We will not be responsible for items lost when this change is made.
- Additional treasure has been added to Permafrost Keep, and some of the items already there have been enhanced - now is the time to plan that Permafrost excursion!
- The bandits of West Karana are increasing their presence! You'll find more bandit camps there, as well as bandits traveling between those camps and elsewhere.
- The spawn rates in many outdoor areas has been increased - this should make it easier to find things to kill.
Bug fixes and newly implemented features:
- Charmed and Feared characters can no longer use skills.
- The appropriate text message is given while attempting to attack while charmed.
- 'Procing' (items that cast spells) weapons no longer break Bard's singing.
- Players vision will now return to normal if killed while drunk.
- Tree Form spells will change the caster into a human male in a zone without trees.
- Red and Blue armor will now appear the proper color for AMD users.
- While accessing the /bug screen, the in-game chat bar will no longer remain active.
- If the inventory window is up and the spell book is open, the user will not remove items from their inventory when clicking on the spell book.
- A number of quests were fixed as well as implemented.
- A Bad language filter has been implemented. Typing "/filter" will toggle it on and off.
- Pets that have been commanded to sit will no longer to appear to stand up while they are supposed to be seated.
- While in the full screen view, users may now toggle the translucent overlay backgrounds on and off by pressing the "~" key.
- Players may now loot corpses in shallow water or lava by typing "/loot" while the corpse is targeted.
- We have implemented an Auto-follow command. To auto-follow another player, target the character, then type "/follow". You must be grouped with the character in order to successfully carry out the command.
- A Role Playing switched has been added so that players may identify other characters who wish to make known they are Role Playing. To activate the Role Playing switch, target your character and type "/roleplay", if the character is +PvP, the name tag above their head will appear as a darker shade of Red, whereas a non-PvP players name will appear purple.
- If the user drops a backpack containing spells on the ground, the spells will no longer disappear.
- Medicine Bags, when dropped on the ground, will no longer vanish.
- The proper text is given when a trade window is canceled between players.
- Arrows will now be drawn from the quiver is the ammo slot is empty.
- The Bard spell "Denon's Desperate Dirge" will now require the use of Mana.
- No spell or effect that accelerates the process of mana regeneration will work on a Bard.
- '/pet report health' will now have your pet message you with a health report.
- Lightning Blast (Druid) has been modified to its intended form of finishing the Invoke Lightning series.
- When you fizzle, you will lose a less mana then before. The fizzle rate has NOT changed.
- There is now a CAP on the amount of mana lost from any single fizzle.
- Spell Scrolls are no longer lore items. This means you can hold more than one.
- Tuyen's Songs now have range.
- Eye of Zomm will no longer work in conjunction with pets - you can now have one or the other. Sorry.
- Wave of Enfeeblement (now Vampiric Curse) and Circle of Death (both Necromancer) will not work for the next week or so while we make a fix on them.
Trade Skill Changes:
- Jewel Craft - All of the jewelry has had increased magical properties (pre-existing jewelry items remain unchanged).
- Fletching - When fletching arrows, they will be produced in sets of 5, instead of 1.
- Baking, Blacksmithing, Brewing, and Pottery have been changed to either return items on failure and be able to produce multiple items and quantities on success.
Baking muffins, success means the player will receive three muffins and retaining the muffin tin, however, when unsuccessful, the player will still get the muffin tin back and lose all other components. Another example would be if a player wishes to sharpen a rusty short sword. If the player succeeds, they will receive a tarnished short sword, however, failure will result in retaining the rusty weapon but losing the sharpening stone.